Last updated: 7th January 2021
The Data we Collect
i. Information from our Site
- Log Files – When you visit our Site, your browser sends us information that we collect. This is often called Log Data. This Log Data may comprise information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type and version, your viewed pages on or Site, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Cookies and web beacons – The9tynine collects certain data using tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. Cookies are small data files that may contain an anonymous unique identification. They are delivered to your browser from a website and saved on your computer’s hard drive. These cookies distinguish you from other site visitors and assist us in tracking user movement within the site. Third parties, such as search engines, measurement and analytics service providers, social media networks, and advertising businesses that we use, may also have access to these cookies. You may configure your browser to reject all cookies or to notify you when one is received. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain features of our Site.
ii. Information you provide
We will collect the information you supply to us if you sign up for a newsletter, fill out our forms on our website, register for an event, or participate in our surveys. This information includes your name, contact information, title, company name, and any other information explicitly requested or provided by you through such channels. If you contact us for customer assistance or other queries via our customer support website, we will collect your contact information in order to contact you and assist you in resolving your request.
iii. Information from Third Parties
We may receive information from third-party vendors, or event planners or business partners in order to identify business leads, which typically includes a lead’s name, contact information, title, company name, and other relevant information that may be useful so that we can contact potential business partners, keep our information up to date, and develop a business affiliation with prospects.
The objectives for which we collect and use your personal data may depend on the purpose for which you have interacted with our Site (as of our employees, customers, or website visitors.)
- Customers – We send marketing communications to the designated customer service employees to keep them informed on any of our services you have selected. If you use our support centre or otherwise contact our support department, we will utilise your personal information, such as your name, email address, and other contact information, to assist you in resolving your issue. If you are the designated contact for our business connection, we will utilise your contact information to keep this relationship going.
- Prospective customers – Prospective customers’ information is used to engage their requests for information, products, or services, as well as for marketing purposes. We also utilise standard third-party marketing and customer success service providers to handle and maintain this information This data is processed alongside our sales and customer success teams to derive information specific to interest in and/or use of our products and services.
We may also use your information to perform audits, security requirements, and troubleshooting; investigate and prevent fraud, unauthorised access or use of our website or services, breaches of terms and policies, and other wrongful behaviour; enforce our agreements; and as required by applicable law.
How we protect Your Data
The security of your privacy and data is important to us. Hence, we take the following measures to keep them safe;
- Restricted access – Access to personal information is limited to The9tynine personnel and contractors who require it to fulfil their assigned jobs.
- Physical and electronic safeguards – We employ SSL certificates to strengthen Platform security and prevent unauthorized entry to our systems.
We care about the security of your Personal Information, but keep in mind that no method of communication over the Internet, or technique of electronic storage, is completely safe. While we make every effort to secure your Personal Information using commercially reasonable techniques, we cannot guarantee its total security.
As a result, we urge that you defend yourself against security and privacy concerns by using anti-virus software, frequent credit checks, firewalls, and other steps.
The Website is not intended for use by minors (children under the age of 18). We do not intentionally request or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
Report or complaints about data breach
If you are dissatisfied with our privacy policies or have a problem, please contact us. ([email protected]). If you believe there has been a violation of this policy and a breach of your personal data in our care, you may make a report with NITDA (www.NITDA.gov.ng).
In the event of a violation of this policy or a personal data breach, we shall submit a formal report to NITDA within 3-5 working days from the time such violation/breach was brought to our notice. We will also formally notify all parties as described in our Data Breach reporting protocol.
If a problem cannot be resolved, we hope you will agree to try to resolve it in good faith with us through a mediation or arbitration procedure.
Rights to your personal Information
We make it a priority at The9tynine to be transparent and upfront about how we use your information. You have the right to access your personal information and can examine or amend it whenever you want. You can also request that your data be changed or erased. Unsubscribe from our newsletters and emails. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time and for any reason.